Sectional door installation details
Select the door tracking
- Determine the headroom dimension (the distance from the back of the door opening the ceiling or closest obstruction).
- Determine the side room dimension (the distance from the side edge of the door opening to the side wall or closest obstruction).
- Determine the distance back dimension (the distance from the top of the door opening to the closest obstruction inside the building eg. wall beams etc.).
- Select the best type of tracking which suits the application (eg. low headroom, standard lift, high lift, vertical lift or follow roof).
Detailed diagrams below
Application to be used on;
- Standard headroom doors
low headroom doors
- Trolley motorisation (specification)
The trolley type motorisation consists of an overhead chain rack placed centrally and perpendicular to the door. The connection between the drive rack and the door is made with a boomerang type arm.
The drive mechanism consists of an adequately powered, geared, 3 phase or (optional) single phase motor coupled to a sprocket chain drive. In case of power failure, manual operation will be possible by disconnecting the arm from the drive mechanism.
To be used on;
- High lift doors
- Vertical lift doors
The jack type motorisation consists of a 3 phase or (optional) single phase motor with reduction gear box which is connected directly to the torsion shaft. The motor can be located at either end of the shaft or installed centrally above the door as per drawing opposite. In the case of power failure, the unit is equipped with a lever operated disconnection mechanism which allows the door to be manually operated.